This Brooklyn Historical Society mansion venue dates back to the late 1800’s and features soaring wood ceilings, carved wood columns, and stained glass windows that will transport you to another era. Modern conveniences such as climate control, handicapped-accessible elevators, and high-speed internet access have been added for your guests comfort and pleasure.
Things You Should Know
- THIS VENUE IS ONLY AVAILABLE IN THE EVENING!
- Guests are not permitted on the mezzanine level of the reading room.
- Tiled gallery with grand staircase is included in space rental.
- There is a small adjacent room that is included with rental and can be utilized for BOH needs.
- Additional 1,960 sq’ (Queen Ann Great Room) available at this venue.
- No events New Year’s July 4th, Thanksgiving & Christmas
- Landmark status prohibits these items outside the grand salon: Red wine, dark soda, coffee, grenadine, beets, berries, popcorn, tomato sauce, in addition to any other foods that might stain.
- Access: Evening events can not begin prior to 5:30 pm. (However, vendors can be granted access as early as 3 pm if they provide a list in advance.)
- Deliveries: Should be scheduled between 12pm – 4 pm DOE and picked scheduled prior to 1 am.
- Smoke/fog machines, bubble makers, sparklers, potted plants, open flame, photography of artwork, and any type of dry ice are not permitted. Florals must be in water-tight containers
Back of House Space
Doorman / Security
Best Used For
Private Chef/Wine Dinner